Hallowheels: a Halloween costume contest which turns wheeled mobility into assets. Enter the contest, raise much needed operating funds for CATS, have fun, be famous and win a prize!
This is a fundraiser for Children’s Assistive Technology Service (CATS). Hallowheels 2021 will feature one of a kind costumes for children with disabilities who depend on wheeled mobility, but this year we will have 2 categories:
- The team event: volunteer teams of college students/community groups will create dream-come-true Halloween costumes for children, ages 4-16 who depend on adaptive mobility. This event will be limited by the number of teams we are able to recruit and their location, so we cannot guarantee this option for all participants though we will do our best! Deadline to sign up: August 22, 2021
- The DIY event: costumes designed and created by families for their child, ages 2-26 with some virtual help from CATS and our wonderful volunteer partners. DIY event participants will also be given the option to pick up a framing “kit” from one of our CATS locations to help them get started. Deadline to sign up: October 1, 2021
Funds are raised by having the public vote for their favorite costume with dollars. Prizes will be awarded for costumes raising the most funds in each category. Please read the following carefully before signing up:
Upon completing and submitting the online Hallowheels Participant Application, the child’s parent or legal guardian agrees to the following:
- TEAM EVENT participants: Child must be able to attend two Hallowheels sessions: on or about September 25 to meet the volunteer team, plan a costume and create the frame and on October 30: to receive the costume, have it fit for the child and take photographs. Families must be able to transport the child’s costume to their home after the event. *this event is subject to change based on possible changes in Covid restrictions*
- DIY EVENT participants: Family will create a costume for their child– CATS will supply a starter “kit” to create the frame for the costume and virtual help with the process as needed. Family will provide a photo of their child in the costume they created and forward it to CATS on October 30 by midnight. Photos received after the due date will not be featured on the CATS website or eligible for prizes.
- Photo and video release-Photos of each child in the costume created either by a team or family will be posted on the CATS website and may be utilized on Facebook and other social media, as well as news media/sponsor websites as part of the Hallowheels fundraiser. No personal information will be published. The child’s costume name and city/town of origin will be the only identifier.
This is a fundraising event. The public is invited to vote ($) for their favorite costume on the CATS website on October 31 through November 6, 2021. Families and friends building the costumes are competing- not the children. Children’s names will not be posted online. You can support CATS by encouraging friends and family to vote for your child’s costume. Thank You!